What is the effect of 7th pay commission on the salary of IAS, IPS and IRS officers? by @DrAwdheshSingh
Answer by Awdhesh Singh:
All the civil service Group A officers including IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS start with the same salary.
Please see the following matrix of the 7th Pay Commission.
- You see in Column of LEVEL I, the starting salary of all government servants.
- The Group A officers start with LEVEL 10 with the basic salary Rs 56,100 per month.
- Their minimum basic salaries for each promotion is given from Level 10 to Level 18 where the highest salary to the rank of Cabinet Secretary is fixed at Rs 2,50,000 per month.
- The officers get an increment of 3% each year which is reflected in the rows 2 onwards.
- The IAS/IFS officers get two extra-increments from Level 11 to Level 13.
- Level 13A salary is only given in Police and Forest Department for the posts of DIG and Conservator of Forest. No parallel post exist in IAS, IRS or in other central service.
- From Level 14 onwards, the same salary structure is applicable for all civil servants.
In addition to the salaries mentioned in the Pay Matrix, you also get several other facilities/perks like
- Government House or House Rent Allowance (HRA)
- Government transport or Transport Allowance
- Children Education Allowance
- Telephone reimbursement
Please visitto know the details.