Answer by Balaji Viswanathan:
I will be biased towards events that personally matter more.
- 1500 BCE: The Fall of the: What happened during the last stages of this great civilization that even 4000 years ago had great plumbing, city planning and drainage? Who were they? Where did they go? What was happening to the creation of Rig Veda? How were they connected? My head figuratively explodes not knowing this huge mystery.
- 326 BCE: Battle of the Hydaspes. I want to see how great Alexander was and want to get a glimpse of Puru. I also want to understand how a local professor named Chanakya would help an ordinary soldier Chandragupta win the throne of India within a couple of years.
- Circa 450 CE: Founding of the Nalanda University. I want to travel to the Gupta kingdom and find out what was happening there and among the world's earliest universities. How did things like the zero, decimal system, chess and modern Indian drama all originate there?
- 1010 CE. Completion of the Brihadeeswarar Temple. I want to understand the epic achievement of the great Cholas. I want to see who Rajaraja Chola was and how magnificent he looks, fights and rules.
- 1931. Dandi March. I want to see Mahatma Gandhi in action walking the salt march and creating history. This is the most iconic episode of civil disobedience.