Answer by Shiva Kumar Asamshetty:
20 Psychological Life Hacks That Will Change Every Damn Thing For You
) If you ask someone a question and they only partially answer, then just wait. If you stay silent and maintain eye contact, they will usually continue talking.
2) When a group of people laugh, people will instinctively look at the person they feel closest to in that group.
Good way to know who wants to sleep with you, right?
3) If you get yourself to be really happy and excited to see other people, they will react the same to you. It doesn't always happen the first time, but it will definitely happen next time.
4) Chew gum when you're approaching a situation that would make you nervous like public speaking or bungee jumping. If we are 'eating' something, our brain trips and it reasons 'I would not be eating if I were danger. So I'm not in danger'.
5) Pay attention to people's feet. If you approach two people in the middle of a conversation, and they only turn their torsos and not their feet, they don't want you to join in the conversation.
Similarly if you are in a conversation with a coworker who you think is paying attention to you and their torso is turned towards you but their feet are facing in another direction, they want the conversation to end.
6) When people are angry at you, if you stay calm it'll get them even angrier, and be ashamed about it after.
7) False attribution of arousal. When you take somebody out on a first date, take them somewhere exciting that will get their heart beating. For instance—a roller coaster or horror film. This gets their adrenaline up. It makes them think they enjoy spending time with you rather than the activity.
8) People will remember not what you said but how you made them feel.
Also most people like talking about themselves so ask lots of questions about them.
9) Always be honest so when you have to lie, people will believe you.
10) If you make the biggest smile you can, you will automatically feel happier.
Just don’t do it while staring at somebody. Unless you want to come across as a creep.
11) Refer to people you've just met by their name. People love being referred to by their name, and it will establish a sense of trust and friendship right away. Say your friend introduced you to John. After 5 minutes he decides to leave. Don't just say, "bye", but instead say "Bye John!"
12) If you want to stare at someone unashamedly, look directly past them and wait for them to try and meet your eyes. When they fail to do that, they'll look around (usually nervously for a second) and won't look at you again for some time. This is your chance to straight up stare at this person for at least 45 seconds.
13) When you’re studying/learning something new, teach a friend how to do it. Let them ask questions. If you’re able to teach something well, you understand it better.
14) 99 per cent of guys that don't fight often will instinctively throw a right hook when provoked.
15) If you really want something from someone, frame it as an offer rather than a request.
When Teddy Roosevelt was running for president, his campaign printed out 3 million leaflets with a picture of Teddy and a copy of a campaign speech. The campaign then realized that they didn't have the rights to the photo. Instead of explaining the situation to the photographer, which would have given him leverage to ask for a lot of money, the campaign made an offer that they would use the picture, giving the photographer lots of publicity if the studio paid them $250. The studio paid the money.
16) People are extraordinarily aware of their sense of touch. If someone 'accidentally’ rests their knee on yours, they may not act like they didn't realize it, but they definitely know that it's there.
17) Ask your interviewer as many questions about what they do for work and really listen. They will walk away from the interview in a good mood because they got to talk about themselves and they will then think that the interview went well.
18) You have a much higher chance of success in a relationship if your parents and your friends like your romantic partner.
19) You know how a joke ceases to be funny when you have to repeat it? Well use that to your benefit; if that asshole in the group is making jokes at your expense, act like you can't hear him and ask him to repeat it like 3 times. By the time he says it a 3rd or 4th time, no one’s laughing.
20) You can judge the character of a person by how they treat people who can do absolutely nothing for them.
The article has been inspired by thispost.